Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Happy Birthday Girl

Here is my little birthday girl. She is quite determined to be a "big girl". My mom took this picture of her and I thought it was just to cute...look at those big brown eyes! So I decided to use it in my thank you cards.Here is a picture of the thank yous I made. I think they turned out pretty cute! I was determined to use my digital studio for these...keep a look out because I am using them for Zavian's birth announcements once he gets here :)
I am not sure why it is blurry, but here it is close up. I did the entire card front on MDS then layered it on tempting turquoise, and then layered on kiwi kiss(I miss that color). I punched out the words on the card and layered them on card stock as well, popping them up to give it more depth. So quick and easy!!!So back to the party...
Here is a picture of some of the cupcakes I made. Since it was a luau I needed to stick with theme! And cupcakes are so much easier then cake with little ones. I needed to keep it as simple as possible since I was making 40. I was happy with the way they turned out! And what really mattered is that they tasted good!Makai
Blowing out her candles...Digging in!
And finished :) Frosting in hair and all!











No comments: