Thursday, August 4, 2011

Artisan Blog Hop day 3

Welcome to your next stop on the 2011 artisan award blog hop! I am so excited to share with all of you the creations that were made for this award. There are ten stops on this hop, so be sure to make it full circle to see everyone's talent. If this is your first stop, then once you get back to me you have made it the whole way through. If thus isn't your first stop you should be coming from Sandra Farrell 's blog. She is very talented!



Here is my third card to share with you



I had fun with this card, this one was one of those sit down at your desk having NO IDEA in your mind what you are gonna do kinda cards! I tend to go for a larger base when I do my cards, so a square 5 1/4" card base gives me a good start! I used Marina Mist for my base with Bravo Burgundy as my next layer, then topped it off with a piece of paisley petals DSP that I ran through my big shot. Since this layer was larger then the image on the vintage wallpaper impression folder, I ended up lining it up and running it twice. Added a few colors from our distressing kit and some shimmer. The stamped images are from nature walk set and tiny tags~two of my favorite sets! Be sure to stop back tomorrow! And now hop over to Heather Klump's blog and see her projects, she is very talented!



Thanks for coming by!



3 comments:

lmel09 said...

The embossing folder works perfect with that paper. Gorgeous!

Connie Collins said...

I think this was my favorite card that you made. I love the mix of the elegant paper with the gorgeous DSP.

savvy teaching tips said...

I love how you embossed the DSP. Great idea!