Thursday, August 11, 2011

Artisan Blog Hop day 9

Hi Everyone and welcome to your next stop on the 2011 artisan award blog hop! I am so excited to share with all of you the creations that were made for this award. There are ten stops on this hop, so be sure to make it full circle to see everyone's talent. If this is your first stop, then once you get back to me you have made it the whole way through. If thus isn't your first stop you should be coming from Sandra Farrell 's blog. Doesn't she have such amazing projects! I am a 3-D kind girl. My favorite two projects I did are by far my 3-D entries. Here is a picture of the necklace and box it went in. I have so much fun making this. I wanted it to be a three layer necklace so I started with a simply adorn chain and wove baja breeze seam binding through it, added a key charm and a few small pieces of ribbon. The next layer I took 5 plain wood beads, stamped them with a flourish from tiny tags, then "stained" two of them with crumb cake and three with soft suede, threaded them on our lace and tied a knot between. The last layer took the most time, I first I braided three strips of fabric together. Then I made a bunch of flowers out of our vanilla satin ribbon, colored a TON of pearls with a tan colored sharpie and added them to the center, then backed them with a piece of leather and attached it to the braid.

Here is a closer picture...

Thanks for coming by and make sure you stop by tomorrow , it's the last day of our blog hop and I saved the best for last!


Now be sure to hop over to Heather Klump's blog and see her amazing projects!

Just in case we have a broken link:) Here is our line up!
1. Connie Collins
2. Sandra Farrell
3. Heidi King
4. Heather Klump
5. Cheryl LeFore
6. Laura Mellinger
7. Jennifer Picard
8. Heather Stevens
9. Summer Stone
10. Heather Summers

1 comment:

Connie Collins said...

I is my favorite thing that you made. It is absolutely beautiful. You are gonna have to teach me how to make those beautiful roses.